Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Being Green Isn't Easy..


.. but it clearly makes the world cleaner and safer. This month I noticed a growing trend in articles throughout different magazine; the mention on how we as a society can do our part by being green. Although there are many bloggers out there who seem to care about doing there part and being green, I am a blogger who is going to help you become more green. By doing the following, you will increase the life span of our precious earth:


1. Think outside the box and recycle more than just your average paper, plastic, aluminum, and glass. Now adays recycling your clothing or something as simple as an ink cartrige, can help reduce CO2 emissions by tons.


2. Sign Up for online banking: If every american did this we would save over 2.3 million tons of wood each year.


3. SHOP ONLINE! yes you heard me all you hermits inside who ADORE shopping in the comfort of your jammies continue to do what you do best. Every minute you spend in the car uses 10 times the energy of doing the same of shopping online.


4. Buy local ANYTHING: if things are made local that just means there is no transportation issue that emits gases into the atmosphere.


5. Switch to green power: this doesnt mean buying a windmill and setting it up in the back. All you need to do is find an alternative energy source like solar.


6. SLOW down on the road. if we stop weaving and speeding we could improve fuel efficiency by over 30 percent.


7. Pick up something vintage: reuse and recycle my friends.


8. Skip meat once a week, this reduces the amounts of pesticides and fertilizer used to feed the animals on the grass and the grain.


9. Switch to rechargeable batteries: less batteries in the landfill baby.


10. BUY MAKE-UP YOU CAN REFILL- the packaging in the makeup world adds to endless bottles in todays landfills. Mainstream make up labels like stila, bobbi brown, and aveda all offer this beneficial option.

All tips and tricks are made possible by the April issue of Glamour.

GO GREEN!,

Eve


3 comments:

Lola said...

ooh yes! i totally agree with wat ur saying!
i am proud 2 say that i so about 4 of those things especially the rechargable batteries and wearing vintage clothing which is so fun!
rtf and comment my blog please!


and thank you 4 blogging about going green

RetroB said...

Hi!
I found your blog while searching for fashion, and although you haven't had the chance to post in a while (you're probably really busy!) I wanted to extend an invitation to you to shop at and check out the new Marshall’s Cube in-store boutique.

I’m with Rocket XL, a marketing agency with offices in New York and Los Angeles, and I wanted to see if you might be interested in reviewing a new boutique. We’re currently working with Marshalls on their new in-store boutique, the CUBE. If you’re interested in getting involved, we’d love to give you a $50 gift certificate (no strings!) to enhance your first experience visiting The CUBE so that you share your experiences with your readers.

Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll follow up shortly with further details on this opportunity. It would be great to work with you!

Thanks,
Victoria
victoria@rocketxl.com

Unknown said...

Hi!

I came across your site, Ava and Eve, and I thought it was fabulous! Please let me help you spread the word about your site!

As a blogger I know how hard it is to expand your readership. This is why I co-founded Sweethype.com, an online social news site for women to share articles that interest and inspire them on a number of different topics, from fashion and celebrity gossip to politics and the green movement. You can go on and share stories that you have written/read, or 'hype' the ones that you like!

The beta site launches today! I wanted the sites on my own personal bookmark list to be the first to review it. This means that you can get an inside look at it before everyone else! I'd love it if you could take a look at it and let me know what you think. We're still working out all the little kinks, but overall the growth in the community has been amazing! We have great content submitted from all around the web! I would like to invite you to be part of the community and share your own interests and opinions.

The website is www.sweethype.com.



My name is Kim Phan and I'm a co-founder of SweetHype.com

Hope you Join the Hype!



Kim Phan

Co-CEO

e: kim@sweethype.com

t: 917.270.1194

f: 646.472.5742

www.sweethype.com